Give from Your Donor Advised Funds
Clients of BNY Mellon, Fidelity Charitable and Schwab Charitable can make a designation through the DAF Direct window on this page.
When granting through your Donor Advised Fund, use the following:
Tributaries International Inc.
P.O. Box 510
Gloucester, VA 23061
A donor advised fund (DAF) is a type of giving program administered by a third party that allows you to combine the most favorable tax benefits with the flexibility to easily support your favorite charities. It is created for the purpose of managing charitable donations on behalf of an organization, family or individual.
You can designate Tributaries International as a beneficiary of your Donor Advised Fund (DAF). Designate how you want your gift used, and the amount, and then log in to your DAF account to complete the gift.
A grant of $8,000 or more can sponsor a full training seminar for up to 50 participants.
Please let us know about your gift so we can better plan for the future and thank you for your generosity.
Call us at 804-684-1790 or contact us online.
How do DAFs Work?
A donor‐advised fund (DAF) provides donors with a centralized charitable account. It allows inclined individuals, families and businesses to make an irrevocable gift to a public charity that sponsors a DAF and take an immediate tax deduction. Most DAFs accept cash equivalents, securities, and other assets.
Donors make an irrevocable, tax‐deductible contribution of cash, long‐term appreciated securities or other assets to a charity that sponsors a DAF program, which then establishes an account in the donor’s name. DAF donors may choose from a variety of investment options and proceeds are put into an account from which donors may make grant recommendations.
Benefits of a Donor Advised Fund
- Simplicity – The DAF sponsor handles all record‐keeping, disbursements, and tax receipts.
- Flexibility– Timing of your tax deduction can be separate from your charitable decision making.
- Tax‐efficiency– Contributions are immediately tax‐deductible and any investment growth in the
DAF is tax‐free. It is also easy to donate long term appreciated securities, eliminating capital
gains taxes and allowing you to support multiple charities from one block of stock.
- Family legacy– A DAF is a powerful way to build or continue a tradition of family philanthropy.
- No start‐up costs– There is no cost to establish a donor‐advised fund. However, there are often
minimum initial charitable contributions to establish the DAF (typically $5,000 or more).
- No transaction fees– Once approved, 100% of your recommended grant goes to your qualified
public charity of choice.*
- Privacy if desired– Donors may choose to remain anonymous to the grant recipient.
*Sponsoring organizations generally assess an administrative fee on the assets in a DAF. These fees vary by organization